- Paper submission deadline: February 24, 2020
- Acceptance notification: TBD
- Camera-ready paper: TBD
The 6th IEEE conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2020) invites demonstration proposals on research prototypes regarding softwarized networks and 5G systems. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of networking software, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and 5G, NetSoft 2020 offers a unique opportunity to demonstrate innovative and leading-edge networking software prototypes, engage with highly-skilled technical audience, and discuss emerging technologies with key thought leaders. Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, ground breaking ideas, and novel concepts related to networking software are welcome.
We are seeking the following types of contributions without implying any order of preference:
- Demonstrations on topics related to NetSoft 2020.
- Demonstrations from industrial and academia researchers.
- Demonstrations from open source communities.
- Demonstrations from 5G/NFV/SDN testbeds and prototypes.
- Demonstrations from authors whose contributions have been accepted in the main conference and workshops.
Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of a 3-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted demo papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to NetSoft 2020 attendees, and will be subsequently submitted to IEEE Xplore. The paper should incorporate the following information:
- Author’s names and affiliation
- Key networking concepts involved, what will be demonstrated, and distinguishing aspects with respect to previous related work
- Prototype illustrations
- Highlights of the innovation, with a clear description of novel ideas in Networking Software
- A crisp list of individual items that will be demonstrated
- Relevant references, in particular if the demo is related to a paper being submitted in the main conference or a workshop
Demonstration proposal papers should be submitted through the EDAS entry of NetSoft 2020, selecting Demo Paper Track: https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=26524&track=98343. Only PDF files will be accepted.
The demo proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee and will be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Adherence to NetSoft scope
- Significance of the research contribution
- Potential impact on the area
- Quality of the proposed implementation
- Presentation quality
The proposal may be complemented with additional documents like PowerPoint slides that clarify the demonstration, as well as the list of technical requirements for the demonstration (power outlet, space, etc.). These additional documents should be sent directly to the Demo Co-Chairs via e-mail.
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the NetSoft 2020 main conference and present the demo at the scheduled demo session(s).
- George Xilouris, NCSR Demokritos, Greece
- Wolfgang John, Ericsson, Sweden
- Sujata Tibrewala, Intel, USA